Thursday, February 09, 2006

A little out of order

Well, I didn't take any pictures of DF, and thus it's easier to write the update. But I start with Tuesday morning. It was a huge weekend, and it's going to be a huge update, too... But Tuesday morning, I slept through my 7am class and exam. Oops. I was a little worn out. And the bus was to leave Wednesday morning at 7am. It was, thankfully, a little easier to wake up on Wednesday than on Tuesday.

So I arrived on campus before 7am and the bus left around 8am. Yay Mexico time! I slept for nearly the entire trip to DF (about 3 hours) and we went to the Museum of Anthropology and History. It was sad that we were in a crunch for time because we all could have spent a few days in there. But we got in for free because we're students. I can't really tell you what all we saw because there was quite a lot (and none of it helped for my exam this morning).

When we finished with the museum of anthropology, we took a walk to the Castle in Chapultepec (the museum of history), which was very cool to walk around. Again, we could have spent many hours in there. I could see living there, but it'd have to be a colder climate. It's kinda easy to tell I'm a northerner. And when we finally left, we went to go eat, but couldn't find a suitable place until after walking for much too long. But my stomach is still mostly intact, and I didn't have to resort to cannibalism (though it was close). I had enchiladas rojas (3) and enchiladas verdes (2) because one of the girls wasn't hungry and couldn't finish all three. After eating, I was enjoying myself much much more.

And we continued on to an exposition of the art of Goya. It was very interesting. Very cool. I enjoyed the political art and the art about the War of Independence of Spain. The drawings of the bad-ness of war took me down a bit for awhile, and I heard a few times, "How can he draw that?¿?" But my only response was "How can he not?" Very interesting. And then we waited around out front for a long time waiting for everyone to show up so we could get back on the bus to go back home to Querétaro. We were supposed to leave around 7, but it was more like 7:30 or 8, and we got back home at 10:50pm. Grabbed a taxi to the house and woke up this morning at 5:30 for my 6am walk and my 7am class.

When I get through all the pictures for the weekend, I'll write the update and post it soon as I can. Until then!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

So will you be able to make up the exam tha tyou slept through? Or how will this impact your grades? (Always the worried mother, eh?) Sight-seeing on an empty stomach is truly the pitts, that's for sure. Love you!

2/09/2006 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home