Thursday, January 19, 2006

What's going on this week

Well, I still haven't gone down to the capoeira place... But I met the daughter (Adriana) of one of the ladies in class. I turned in my homework yesterday at noon, and finally got home at 7:30. Because the mom is a student and doesn't have so much time to make the food, we went out to Roberto's Restaurant. We had lentil soup, chicken, rice, flan, and water of guayaba. Very good foods. Then we went to their house and talked in Spanish for a few hours. My ability to speak grew a bit last night, but I fear it may wear away after awhile. Tonight, I'm headed to an art showing with Adriana.

I don't have classes tomorrow, so I really should get out and do something, like, oh, I don't know... Try to get to the capoeira place in the morning... Because in the afternoon, we're headed to the bus station and travelling for the weekend to a nearby place that begins with a G. Guanajuato, or Guadalajara... But I think it's Guanajuato. I'll be able to write more about it next week, but I think we're staying in a hostel, and all the other details are unknown to me.

In the same vein, my class with the mexicans is going to take a trip around the country in April. I wrote down a lot of details, but I still don't quite know where we're headed. Though, Oaxaca (wahaca), Oaxaca, is one stop. We leave on a Thursday night, and get back on a Monday. I hope to speak better Spanish in April, so I'll be able to tell more about that trip then.

But for right now, I've got class sometime today, and we watch a movie for my other class. I'm thinking of a nap out in the commons area. I'll write later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Hi Jeff. Sounds like you are settling in a bit. How was the art show? What kinds of pictures? Can't wait to hear how your weekend tour was. Are the sinuses better? Love you!

1/20/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home